Business of Solopreneurship
Be your own boss
Want to be your own boss? Learn the Business of Solopreneurship
We are living in the age of the freelance economy. By 2020, almost 50% of workers will be independent contractors. The scarier thing about this stat is the fact that workers only see themselves as “independent contractors” and nothing more. To gain a competitive advantage, and frankly do business in the 21st century you need to be a company. Or, in Pointbook terms, a Solopreneur.
This course teaches you the Business 101s, when to incorporate and why, surprising independent contractor rights and more. Get over the fear paradox of starting your own company and take this course to give you a running start.
Katie Lord has helped companies achieve over $50,000,000 in venture capital funding through marketing and design. Having held positions such as a Marketing Manager at SMS Assist (now a $1B+ company) and Art Director at the Tribune, she has valuable experience working with and at the C-level of companies to guide their marketing strategies and execute creative design.
She founded Katie Lord Inc in 2015 has been helping companies get their start and make their ideas happen since. She’s also on the leadership team with Women Tech Founders, is a mentor for 1871, AIGA, and General Assembly for UX design, how to escalate your hustle, and productizing services. Some recent projects she’s worked on are for the Midwest Women in Tech Conference, Chicago Podcast Festival, Sales Hacker Midwest, Syndio, Kiser Group, Rainmaker, Xaptum, Besafemeds, EventUP, University of Chicago SSA, Parents for Healthy Kids sponsored by Aldi.
What You Get
COURSE START DATE: 7/27/2018
- Soloprenurship Business 101s
- When to incorporate and how to manage invoicing
- Learn surprising independent contractor rights and what they mean for you
- The different types of solopreneurs and which one you should be
- How to find your blue chip clients
- Learn how to price your services and scale
- What marketing actually means and how to define your audience
- The 4 P’s of Marketing and defining what they mean for your company
- Create your marketing strategy and maximize it’s impact
- List of solopreneurship tools to help automate your day-to-day business processes
Plus, you’ll receive a Define Your Audience Worksheet and Marketing Calendar Template.